Unit of Inquiry:
Work on coming up with 5 ideas for goods you might sell and services that you might provide for the G1 Market Day. You have seen examples of goods, video footage and photos from past Market Days. When you have your list, take a look at the class blog and add your ideas to the comment section of the Market Day Ideas post. Here are some ideas from a previous class's brainstorm.
Reading and Word Work:
1. Play a spelling game: Look in newspapers or magazines to find letters to spell the names of some of your classmates: Paxton, Owen B., Florence, Khimaya, Lila, Bronte, Gemma, Seraphine, Bosco, Marat, Kayo, Hayden, Julian, Niam, Katherine, Skyler, Owen R., Isabella, Xavier, Luca, Mia and Alisa BONUS: Can you choose 4 or 5 names and put them in ABC order?
2. Visit this website to read a book or two or three - Reading: TumbleBooks (Animated books and read alongs) (user name: hkpa/password: books)
3. Looking for more? Try these word work sites:
1. Work on getting your 100 Day Collection organized. Bring this to school when it is ready.
2. Find some small objects that are in your house. Can you make an ABC pattern? Can you make another kind of pattern (AABC, AABB, or any other)?
3. If you still have time, try these sites:
1. Write a story about the BEST day you ever spent in your house. OR...write a story about the magical storm that changed HKA in a very exciting way...
2. Make a book with your own idea.
3. Write a letter to your teachers letting them know what you did at home today.
Brain Pop Jr.
Still looking for more? Try Brain Pop Jr. https://jr.brainpop.com/
user name: hkabrainpop /password: dragonfly14